Last Updated: December 31, 2019
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Your California Privacy Rights
California Do Not Track Disclosures
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Papé collects “Personal Information” and “Machine Data.” “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or reasonably can be used to identify an individual or household and other data that is linked to personal information. The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below. “Machine Data” means data generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment or any hardware or device interfacing with your equipment. Machine Data may include the location of your equipment, the number of engine hours of your equipment, data regarding equipment operation and equipment diagnostic data, as entered into, generated, or stored on your machines and/or automatically collected by hardware devices interfacing with your equipment.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. If you apply for credit from us, we may collect additional information, including sensitive information such as social security number, date of birth, financial information, and driver’s license.
Other Information We Collect When You Use our Services or Transact Business With Us
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the search terms you enter, the parts and equipment you buy or rent, and the service and support you request. We may also collect Machine Data from equipment you buy or rent from us, if available.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, rental or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Credit Information: We collect information about you when you apply for credit to finance a purchase through us, such as social security number, date of birth, driver’s license, and financial information. We may also collect your employer identification number and company financial information if you apply for credit as a business.
- Product Support Information: We collect information about your equipment when we provide maintenance service and support, including equipment and part identification numbers which may be capable of identifying you when combined with other information. Depending on the type of equipment and the onboard systems, we may collect additional Machine Data for the purpose of providing service and repairs.
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Papé and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Facilitate maintenance, repairs, the purchase of equipment or parts, and fulfilment of warranties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Papé and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- For limited internal uses, provided the Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction;
- In connection with research and development activities; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including helping to fulfill purchases of equipment and parts, provide service, and process credit applications;
- With the OEMs, to register your equipment, provide maintenance service and repairs, and for other purposes with your consent or at your direction;
- With third parties (including OEMs) for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Papé or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Papé and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Papé is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Alternatively, please click here if you would like to remove or reject browser cookies for this website only.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Papé by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from the above information. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see Collection of Information above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Use of Information above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the Sharing of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from the above information.
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which Papé has shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, biometric information, and Internet or other electronic network activity information. California consumers above the age of 16 have the right to opt out of these sales at any time. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16. Please visit www.pape.com/CCPA to make an opt-out request.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) deletion of your personal information, and (3) to opt out of sales of your personal information, if applicable. You may make these requests by calling 833-975-5200 or visiting www.pape.com/CCPA. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding a recent purchase. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com.
Our Services are designed for adults, not children under the age of 16. As such, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and our Services are not designed to manage such information. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at WebPrivacyIssues@pape.com.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we take no action in response to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.